Create a Client Prepaid Account - Using Digital Wallet
About The Feature
“ Digital Wallet “ is a feature for the amount received from the Member which is a prepaid amount / deposit amount and can be utilized whenever the client wants to avail a service in the future.
How to add money to the Digital Wallet
- For an existing member search the number for the client who has paid the amount in advance / prepaid / deposit.
- Open the client profile
- Click on “Bills & Receipts “
- Scroll down and click on the link “ Digital Wallet ” which is right besides the link “Create POS Bill”
- Step 1 - Select the “ Purchase Date “ meaning the date, client has paid the advance amount.
- Step 2 – Enter the amount deposited in the “ Net Cost “ and enter the “ Description “ for which the payment has been received. For example: Deposit Amount
- Step 3 – select the “ Payment Mode “i.e cash ,check, card and enter the amount received by the client as a prepaid amount
- Click on Save.
Once the Digital Wallet of the client is created, the amount gets updated immediately on the client profile and the amount gets reflected under Collection Report for the date selected as the Purchase Date.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where does the Prepaid / Advance amount received gets updated on a specific date?
Ans. The amount received as a Prepaid / Advance amount gets updated in Collection Report and the date which has been selected as Purchase Date is the date the amount collected.
- If a member utilizes the Prepaid Amount for a service, then does that comes under collection report?
Ans. No. The amount gets updated under Collection Report the date that the amount is received and not the date the member purchased the Membership with that amount.
- Where does the Prepaid / Advance amount membership purchase gets reflected under which report?
Ans. The “ Digital Wallet Transaction Report “ is the report which has the detail of the Membership purchased with the Prepaid / Advance amount.
- In case a member had purchased a membership and wants to cancel the membership, but wants the amount to be kept as a deposit to purchase a membership later, can this feature help and how can it be changed to an Advance / Prepaid amount?
Ans. Yes. Kindly find the steps for the Digital Wallet below :
- The bill which was created for a Membership initially, needs to be cancelled.
- Once the bill is cancelled, create the Digital Wallet bill through Bills & Receipts and click on “ Digital Wallet “ . Kindly follow the steps to add the money of the cancelled bill in the the Digital Wallet as a balance as mentioned in the document ‘ How to create a client prepaid account-Digital Balance’