There are a few changes done to the billing invoice post-GST.
The invoice has few extra fields added and marked in the circles in the image below.
Field 1: GSTIN
- Refers to the unique Goods & Service Tax Identification Number for your club/gym
Field 2: Tax Invoice #
Bill number will now be a combination of two set of codes. One which will be automatically generated based on the bill number and is unique for the financial year & the second set (prefix) can be customized by each branch. Default Bill number will be “Tenant ID + state + financial year + system-generated sequential number” “1789MH1718/1201”.
- To customize the default prefix, which is the 10 digit code the gym can exercise various options & select from a wide variety of permutations & combinations. Code will be **********/00001. Where the fields marked as ‘*’ can be customized for each gym branch. As seen in the above image a gym may choose to have a code as 1001MH1718/00001 where 1001 stands for the branch ID, MH (is the state), 17-18 (is the financial year), and 00001 (is the 5 digits sequential bill number which is automatically generated based on the unique bill number for each financial year.)
- Email us at email@example.com with the list of branch names and respective 'Tax invoice prefix' for the same
Field 3: State
- Refers to state the client belong to, as the CGST & SGST to be applied if the client is from the same state, whereas if the client is from another state IGST will be applied
Field 4: HSN/SAC
- Refers to the unique HSN code (Related to goods) /SAC code (related to service) that is applied to each membership product/service or additional payment products. Consult your CA to apply the correct HSN/SAC code for each product/service type.
Field 5: Net Taxable Amount
- Refers to the new amount after discount on which the CGST, SGST & IGST will be applied
Field 6: CGST
- CGST refers to Central Goods & Service Tax & is applicable when the client belongs to the same state as the gym @ of 9% or based on the relative HSN/SAC code applied for each product/service type
- SGST refers to State Goods & Service Tax & is applicable when the client belongs to the same state as the gym @ of 9% or based on the relative HSN/SAC code applied for each product/service type
- IGST refers to Interstate Goods & Service Tax & is applicable @ of 18% when the client belongs to the another state than the gym
- If the client belongs to the same state as the gym the IGST will be @0%
- If the client belongs to another state than the gym the CGST & SGST will be at 0%
- Consult your CA to learn more about the tax percentage applicable to your products/services at the gym