In the FitnessForce software a ‘Product’
is referred to the services offered in the Gym/Club/Studio like Membership,
Personal Training, Yoga, Zumba and Mixed Martial Arts. A Product is a single
service i.e. single membership and each product which is to be defined with
validity (number of days or number of sessions). These products have to be
created in the FitnessForce software as per your gym or clubs membership rate
E.g. “Gym Membership 1 Month”,
“3 Months, 6 Months and 12 Months” or “Yoga 30 Days - 12 Session”, “Yoga 60
Days - 30 Sessions”.
The membership invoicing can be initiated post creating the products in the software. In case if you don't see the products or the membership on your purchase page, then you need to first create that product into the system.
To create a new product check the steps below:
- The Product Tab as shown in the image will be visible only for those who have admin rights.
- To create a new product select Products and click on Product creation.
Image of Product Creation Page
- The above image shows all the fields that needs to be filled with appropriate details so that the access control and calendar feature works appropriately.
- Product Name: Enter the name of the product. E.g: Membership - 1 Month or PT 1M 12S.
- Base Cost: Enter the product price/ base
price of the membership excluding GST. Tax amount is not required to be added
to the base price as tax will be implied as per the tax setting for which there
is a field below to be selected whether GST implied or Tax exempted.
- Status: There are two statuses ‘Active’
and ‘Inactive’. At the time of creating the product, select the status as
‘Active’ and select ‘Inactive’ status to disable the product.
- Valid Days: Define the membership tenure
i.e. the product validity. For example:
1 month membership will have 30 valid days. Similarly, 12 months membership will
have validity of 365 days.
valid days defines the expiry date of the membership. For example: If you set
an activation date as today for a 1 month membership, then the system will auto
set the expiry date on the 30th day i.e. you need not have to manually set the
the validity of the membership, you need to define how you want to check-in
your members. Will they access their membership as per days or as per sessions?
- Session Type: There are two options: i) Check-In
and ii) Appointment.
If it is as
per days, then you need to define the ‘Check-In’ setting and if it is as per
the session, then you need to define the ‘Appointment’ setting in this field.
i) Check-in: If the membership is based on
check-in, mention the number of days after clicking on the check-in radio
For example: For
1 month Gym membership, check-in number of days are 30 days. In this case the
system will track ‘check-in’ count for 30 days. This is known as ‘Member
Check-In’ or ‘Member Attendance’.
ii) Appointment: If it’s an appointment
based membership, mention the number of sessions after clicking on the
appointment radio button.
For example: For
1 month personal training, appointment number of sessions count is #12. In this
case the system will track ‘appointment’ count for 12 sessions and the
membership will expire as per the number of sessions or valid days i.e. expiry
date whichever is earlier.
- Description: The product description details that will be
shown on the web application, like the validity or the number of sessions or
any additional information can be entered here.
Off Peak Hours Gym Membership - 12 Months;
Description: Get 365 days access between 11am to 5pm IST
- Type: You need to assign the product
type to their relevant products/ memberships. For example: Assign product type
as ‘Gym Floor’ for Membership 1 Month, 3 Months, 6 or 12 months. Similarly,
product type ‘Zumba’ to be assigned to related Zumba memberships.
- Session Duration: For any Check-in or Appointment
based memberships you need to define the ‘session duration’ in minutes. For
example: For Personal Training Membership you can define 60 mins and yoga
sessions as 45 mins.
Image of Check-In Based Product
Image of Session Based Product
- Freeze Attempt Allowed: Select Yes or No. For example: If you have opted YES then you will get the field to add total number of times you want freezing service to be availed by the member. (1 means freezing option can be availed once).
- The image shows the No Of Allowed Attempt box which appears
only after clicking on the Yes button for Freeze attempt allowed
- Freeze Type: There are 2 types of Freezing options: i)
Prepaid ii) Postpaid
i) Prepaid: The freezing fee is already
been added while purchasing the product, prepaid option can be selected by
clicking on the radio button. (Pay first & utilize later.)
ii) Postpaid: To charge the client only
when they opt for freezing service, postpaid option can be selected by clicking
on the radio button. (Pay at the time when you utilize the service.)
- Min Freezing Days and Max Freezing Days:
In this field you need to define the number of ‘Minimum’ and ‘Maximum’ freezing
days. For example: Membership 12 Months has a minimum freeze allowed as 30 days
and maximum as 60 days.
- Reciprocity Days: Number of days a
client is allowed to use the product/services at different branches. This
feature can be only utilized for check-In based memberships. For example: The
club or the gym is a multi-chain and the members are allowed to use the gym
membership service at any of their centres. This field needs to be updated with
the valid days of the membership. i.e. 1 Month Membership, then the reciprocity
days will be 30 days. For session based, the reciprocity will be 0.
- Transferable: Select YES if you want to
allow this product to be transferred from one member to another. Select No, if
you don’t want to allow the transfer of membership. For example: The member’s
membership is allowed for transfer and the member for some reason discontinues
to attend the gym. As the membership is active, this member can choose to
transfer the remaining membership period to another member or to a non-member.
If the ‘Transferable’ field is set to ‘No’, then in such case the member will
not be allowed to transfer the membership to another person.
- Non-chargable No Shows: No Show means,
client booked the appointment but did not attend the appointment session. This
setting defines how many number of ‘No-Show’ session counts are allowed or
i) Chargeable No Show: In
case you want to charge a client for a session that he books but doesn’t attend
then you can keep it as ‘0’. “0” means zero no shows are allowed. This means if
a client books the appointment but doesn't attend, still the session will be
ii) Allowed No Shows: If
you set this setting number to “1” means one ‘no-show’ is allowed and “2” means, two ‘no-shows’ are
allowed. Likewise you can define the count of no-shows you don't want to charge
the client. e.g. If the client books the appointment but doesn't come two times
for the session then those 2 sessions will not be charged, if this client does
not come for the 3rd session & onwards he will be then charged for the
session he had booked but not attended as he has crossed his allowed ‘no-show’
limit of ‘2’ sessions.
iii) Unchargable No Show:
In case you don’t want to charge the client for a ‘no-show’, you need to enter
value as ‘U’ in this setting. ‘U’ meaning unlimited no shows not to be charged.
- Can be purchased as a Single Membership:
This option is for selling the membership on regular membership or based on
If you select
the radio button as ‘Yes’ it will
allow you to sell this product as a single product. You will be able to see
this product at the time of Invoicing.
If you select
the radio button as ‘No’ it will not
allow you to see this product as a single product.
2 Months Membership has been sold as a complimentary New year offer along with
12 Months Membership, then in this setting for 2 Months Membership select
as “NO” and add this product to New year
offer campaign i.e. 12 Months Gym Membership @XYZ rate + 2 Months Membership
@zero value (its complimentary).
If 2 Months
Membership setting ‘Can be purchased as single product’ option set to ‘Yes’
then staff will be able to sell this for free to anyone. Thus this setting
allows you to sell such products only through packages or campaigns.
- Is this Membership Considered Base Membership: This selection is whether the membership / service is considered a
base membership or not. For example: In gyms, Gym Floor is the base membership
and services like Personal Training, Yoga, Zumba are to be considered add-on
- Show on Website: If you have a website
integration with our FitnessForce software then by using dropdown you can show
the product on the website for your clients to view and purchase.
- Payment Type: By default the option
needs to be set as Upfront
(indicating that the member needs to be charged full payment). In the available
column option, add 1 as default (indicating that full payment needs to be paid
by the member).
Image after filling the details
- Number of days until upgrade is allowed: Allows you to define number of days until product upgrade is permitted.
For example: The client has 1 Month Gym Membership and until upgrade is allowed days set as 10. So here from the Activation Date client is only allowed to upgrade the current membership until the number of days which you have set. Post 10 days the client cannot upgrade the current membership.
- Min Days Required for Transfer: This
field is to set the number of days allow the number of days available to
transfer the membership. The Number of days is calculated from the expiry date
The for a member whose Annual membership is expiring on 31-Dec-2021 and if we
set the minimum days to transfer the membership as 60 then the membership can
be transferred today. And in case a
members membership is expiring on 31-May-2021 then with the 60 days setting
this cannot be done.
- TAX: Select GST from the TAX dropdown
option. (18% tax is preconfigured in the GST option). And in case the GST is
not applicable to be charged to the client then you can select TAX Exempted
which will reflect at the time of configuration in your centre.
- HSN & SAC Number: This field is to
add the HSN / SAC code provided by the government for the services. This will
appear on the invoice of the client.
Image of the invoice containing the HSN code
Start time and End time: - Add the Start Time and End Time
which is in 24 hour format and then click on Add. If you have an integrated
Biometric device then you will be able to set time on the product basis which
the clients will be allowed to get access to the club. The feature will enable
you to generate your club revenue by creating products for non-peak hours with
lower price. For example: If you create a gym membership product and set the
time from 12:00 PM to 04:00 PM, respective members will only get access to the
club during the mentioned time.
Image of after adding the details and time
- Once the details are completely filled then click on the "Submit' button.
- After clicking on Submit button, the above like page will appear wherein you will see the product configured page.
- You can check the product configuration under the Products tab under Product Filter
How to Edit Existing Product:
- You can also edit the product by clicking on the Edit hyperlink
- Except Product Name and Type all the other fields are enabled to make necessary changes.
- After all changes are done, click on the update "Update" button at the bottom of the page.
- After clicking on "Update" button, the above image is how it will look like.
- You can also view who had updated the product and when as highlighted in the image.
Cloning of the Product
- You can also clone the product.
- Cloning is nothing but creating
a new product by coping all the internal fields from the existing product.
- Change the name, valid days and
other details as required.
- Cloning will help in creating
the membership related product faster.
1. Any changes done on the existing
product will affect the existing invoices in the system?
Ans. No. The changes made to the package will be applicable for the
future purchases / invoices. The existing invoices in the system will have no
impact and will remain unchanged.
2. Who can edit the product to make
Ans. The software administrator i.e. Owner or admin assigned by the
3. Can a duplicate product be
Ans. No. However, you can configure the product with the terms in the
Product name changed if you want to have the same product name with different
pricing/rate. For example: Membership 12 months - Rate: Rs. 12,000/- and
Membership 12 months - Rate: 11,000/-.
4. Will the Reciprocity work for Session
Ans. No, as the trainer is involved for that particular center in which
the client has bought the membership and hence the reciprocity won’t work for
session based products.